Samstag, 12. Dezember 2015

Frankieboy


It's quarter to three,
There's no one in the place 'cept you and me
So set 'em' up Joe
I got a little story I think you oughta know


Blue skies, smilin' at me
Nothin' but blues skies do I see
Bluebirds singing a song
Nothin' but bluebirds all day long

In the shadows of the night we'll stand
I'll touch your heart and then
Softly as your lovely eyes entreat
Our lips will meet again.

Every cloud must have a silver lining
Just wait until the sun shines through
Smile, my honey dear, while I kiss away each tear
Or else I shall be melancholy too

That old black magic has me in it's spell,
That old black magic that you weave so well

Ever since that night we've been together.
Lovers at first sight, in love forever.
It turned out all right
For strangers in the night.

For once in my life
I have someone who needs me
someone I've needed so long
Someone to watch over me

I have got you under my skin
I've got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart you're really a part of me
I've got you under my skin

And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like: "I love you"

There'll be no new romance for me, it's foolish to start
'cause that old feeling is still in my heart

Always get that mood indigo,
Since my baby said goodbye.
In the evenin' when lights are low,
I'm so lonesome I could cry.

When your lonely heart has learned its lesson
You'd be hers if only she would call
In the wee small hours of the morning
That's the time you miss her most of all

We're drinking my friend
To the end of a brief episode
So make it one for my baby
And one more for the road

Start spreadin' the news, i'm leavin' today
I've lived a life that's full.
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Frank Sinatra wurde heute vor hundert Jahren geboren, ich habe über die Jahre viele Platten und CDs mit ihm gekauft, habe sogar die Aufnahme, wo er ➱Mandalay singt. Was ich nicht habe, sind seine Schubert Lieder, aber die hat er wohl nur zu Hause gesungen. Ich habe aber auch eine ganze Menge Tony Bennett, das will ich gerne gestehen. Ist auch ein guter ➱Sänger. Lady Gaga hat über ihn gesagt: He could sing the phone book and it would sound fantastic. Tony Bennett ist neunundachtzig, zur Erinnerung an seinen Freund Frank Sinatra hat er vor Jahren in Queens die Frank Sinatra School of the Arts gegründet. Mit der Kunst hat er es jetzt, wenn er nicht mehr singt, malt er.

Ich lege heute den ganzen Tag Frankieboy auf. Ich fange mal mit dem Konzeptalbum In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning an, das viele Kritiker für sein bestes Album halten. Danach kommen die CDs von The Capitol Years. Es ist aber egal, was man auflegt. Der crooner hat eh immer nur ein Thema. Wie die ➱Troubadours des langue d'oc:

Yes, somebody said "Just forget about her"
So I gave that treatment a try
And strangely enough, I got along without her
Then one day she passed me right by
Oh well
I guess I'll hang my tears out to dry

Es ist nicht so, dass ol' blue eyes in diesem Blog noch nicht erwähnt worden wäre. Sie könnten auch in diese Posts schauen: Mandalay, Opernsänger, High Society, Weiße Socken, Jugendkultur, Rudolf Schock, Querbinder, Laurence Harvey, Jackson, Bobby Darin, Paul KuhnGroßer Zapfenstreich

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen